Monday, July 01, 2013

HENS DEN "LET'S CELEBRATE FREEDOM" BLOG HOP!!


Let's Celebrate Freedom Blog Hop


July 1 through July 7, 2013



We want you to join us for a week of techniques from the Design Team at The Hens' Den. Each Design Team member will be showing you how they made something and in the process give you a look at different ways of documenting such a wonderful day in the lives of Americans.

The blog hop will start on Monday July 1, 2013 and end at 5pm PST on Sunday, July 7, 2013


Here is what you need to do:

You will start HERE at The Hens' Den Blog; each DT Member will have the next link on their blog that you need to move onto. 

You need to leave a comment on each blog so that we know you where there. The LAST step is to go to our FB page and leave a comment about the blog hop.

Anita Mulcahey http://happypapercrafthappenings.blogspot.com/ 
Moriah Macdonald http://fuzzyslippersdesigns.blogspot.com/
Carolyn Lontin http://carolynlontin.blogspot.com/ (You are here!)

Lori McClellan   http://sentimentalxpressions.blogspot.com/
Janet Bagnall http://lifefullofsunflowers.blogspot.com/
Nicolle Kramer http://nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com/
Charlie LaBonte http://charlielabonte.blogspot.com/
Facebook Page for The Hens' Den https://www.facebook.com/TheHensDen


On Sunday, July 7th after 5pm PST, we will pick one random person who visited all the blogs and they will be our winner!!

What do you win you ask???

A bag full of goodies from Tim Holtz , Dyan Reaveley and Claudine Hellmuth, Distress Ink, Distress Stain, Dylusions Ink, Distress Paint, Studio Acrylic paint and a hand full of tags to play with!!

You will have fun getting messy and inky, so have those baby wipes and paper towels handy. 

We hope you will join us and have lots of fun!

********************************************************************************


Today I am going to share with you how I use my spray mists - I have always loved inking and distressing so I was thrilled when spray mists hit the scrapping scene! :)


Here is my little collection of spray mists - I have a mix of Glimmer Mist, Sheer Shimmer Spritz, Smooch Spritz and a few that I mixed on my own using Distress Ink Refills and Perfect Pearls.


You can find a great selection of inks, paints and spray mists at the Hens' Den store!










I like to put my papers into an old box so the area around my spraying is protected - every time I have not used the box I have regretted it since I am not as accurate as I think I am when I use spray mists. :)



Next, I like to take a few practice sprays or flicks on scrap paper to see how the nozzle is spraying.



This red Glimmer Mist nozzle has always been clogged and I really have not put a whole lot of effort into trying to unclog it so I aways flick this spray mist - I like the splatter look.



Here is a close up of the three inks I used - you cannot really see the Sheer Shimmer Spritz because it shows up better on darker paper (see next photo).


Here is the Sheer Shimmer Spritz sprayed on a blue background - I really like these spray mists when I want a light effect or for winter photos.  I used it here to add to the sparkle of my firework photos.


This paper already had a little bit of white distressing splatters so I decided to add just a few red splatters.


On the red background I decided to add a little bit of the blue mist.


I set my papers out to dry for a few minutes; the mists tend to dry pretty fast however, since the red is more of a splatter it can run if you carry it when it's still wet.


Here is my layout featuring spray mists and the fantastic Bo Bunny Anthem Collection:









I hope you enjoyed my post about spray mists and don't forget to visit the rest of the DT Blogs for your chance to win!

Thanks for stoppin' by!


15 comments:

Charlie LaBonte said...

Great technique Carolyn

Nicolle Kramer said...

Awesome misting! Fun layout! xoxoxox

jackayeo said...

This looks so simple

dlwidder said...

Great technique to highlight. I ♥ mists, inks and splatters too! :-D

CanadianWynn said...

thanks for the ideas!

CanadianWynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CanadianWynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lathow said...

What a great idea. Thank you for sharing.

Kassidy Deibert said...

Woohoo...Spray mists are fun fun fun!!

Joanne klein said...

I like the red drops!

Joanne klein said...

Thank you! love the red drops!

Mary said...

Love what you did with this page !!! And will try this splatter technique !!!

Anita said...

Love this Carolyn and your firework photos are amazing. Hugs.

bryantkm said...

I too love sprays. thanks for sharing

Rhonda said...

Love your misting, and SUPER LOVE your layout. Thanks for the inspiration. :o)