Monday, February 19, 2018

making cards with scraps

Happy Monday!!

I was sorting through a few plastic storage containers that seemed to have a little bit of everything in them - embellishments, scraps of paper, card bases, embossed papers, stamped sentiments - when I had a great idea!  I would sort out the embossed papers and scraps to start making cards!  I am signed up to make 30 birthday cards for my son's high school staff for their April and May birthdays.

This is what I started with:



I had to stop along the way to stamp some more sentiments and that's when I found a bunch of card bases I had made a year or so ago, when I donated cards to a local assisted living center.  I guess I am already ahead for the next batch of cards. :)




 Finally, here are my finished cards!  I noticed that the card base color really impacted the pattern paper scraps and that I tend to like white card bases.  Even though I made 13 cards ... not a dent in the scraps!  LOL!!


Thanks to Jolene for a lot of these embossed papers and stamped sentiments! :)

Thanks for stoppin' by my blog today!
~Carolyn

No comments: